Friday, April 3, 2009

Garden in Waiting

Posted by Picasa

This year, I kind of went crazy on what I'm planting in the garden. My sister has been expounding on why I should be planting heritage plants and avoiding "franken" foods so this year, I got a Baker Creek Heirloom Seed catalog and went a bit overboard. Of course, I had to have Crostata Romanesco, the zucchini fried with the squash blossom, Delicata, a winter squash, Marina di Chioggia, another wonderfully knobby, winter squash from Italy, a beautiful, brown french pumpkin, Musquee de Provence and a small french melon, Petit Gris de Rennes. I had some San Marzano tomato seeds from last year that I bought at Home Depot. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I have a bountiful and un-cross pollinated crop this year as I have way too many squashes for my yard.

No comments: