Thursday, October 25, 2007

Roman interior decorators


I love decorating my house. I think the ancient Romans did, too. Here is a terracotta tile from the Archaeological Museum in Arezzo taken in 2005. I'm not really sure what it is called exactly a terracotta frieze? A terracotta tile. I don't know if it was supposed to hang on the outside of the house or the inside but it is awsome. I almost didn't take this photo as I had just gotten my Nikon D-70 camera and I was slightly embarrassed to be whipping it out to take pictures, but I got over it!

Here is another one though this is from the museum on top of the Palatine Hill in Rome and is called a campana plaque. Perseus is giving Medusa's head to Athena. If I remember the myth, Perseus used his shield to look at Medusa and kill her since he would be turned to stone if he looked at her directly.



Having no hordes of slaves to do my bidding, I'm just trying to recover my chairs.

1 comment:

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

So glad you got over your embarrassment; I was the same way when I got my first digital (less than a year ago) and now I walk around like a tourist all the time. I don't care. I prefer to think I look like a professional photographer ;)

Thanks for the link to my blog!